Caregiving is not a perfect science. Caregivers do not get to go home at the end of the day and leave the care to someone else. Caregivers often feel guilt - guilt for taking time off, guilt at words misspoken, and guilt at not always providing care with a smile and a bright attitude.
The Aging Office of western Nebraska recognizes the challenges of being a caregiver and aids caregivers through the Caregiver Support Program. This program offers a wide range of services to support family caregivers such as:
· Information to caregivers about available services.
· Assistance to caregivers in gaining access to the services.
· Opportunities for counseling, support, and teaching.
· Respite care, which provides brief periods of relief or rest for the caregiver.
· Emergency Response Device Assistance with chores